We are dedicated to the care and well-being of our dog guests, and appreciate your consideration of our hours and stated guidelines and procedures when your dog(s) board with us:
- Spay or Neuter Certificate
- Vaccination Records documenting first series of shots
- Negative Fecal Report within the last 90 days for new clients, then within 6 months of start date of boarding or daycare
- Completed and signed Boarding Agreement
In addition, we require you to confirm that your dog:
- Is 40 lbs or larger
- Is in good health and has had no contagious illnesses in the last 30 days
- Has no history of aggression toward people or other dogs
- Is not a problem or continual barker (or must wear a bark collar)
- Can be contained within our fencing
We REQUIRE all potential new dog guests to attend a FULL-DAY evaluation period before we will confirm boarding reservations. Regular daycare rate of $40 applies.
After you receive confirmation of your dog’s stay with us via voice or email, please download and fill out our Boarding agreement.doc and follow instructions for submitting this prior to bringing your dog for their stay.
We would like to remind you to NOT ENTER through any gate without authorized staff. Also, children under the age of 12 yrs. are not permitted on the premises due to liability. Here is a sample of our typical daily routine at HHH.
- 7:00am – Good Morning Happy Hounds! Everyone comes out to stretch after their nice, peaceful slumber.
- 7:00am – 7:30am Quiet play in preparation for the fun to come.
- 7:30am – 9:00 am Yippee! Playtime! Fun! (New arrivals between 8am & 10am). Weather permitting, we load the hounds up into the dog van and go off on a hike to trails down the street. For the less active crowd, they can remain at HHH with staff and lounge or roam the property. The dogs have full access to their rooms if they get tired and want a nap.
- 9:00am – 9:30am – Chow Time!
- 9:30am – 10:30am – Rest and quiet play to allow the morning meal to digest.
- 10:30 – Noon – More fun and getting ready for a much needed NAPTIME!
- 12:00pm – 4:00pm “Treat Time” and “Rest Hours” involves a special treat and settling down for a well-deserved nap. We are closed to the public during these hours.
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm We welcome our new arrivals, daycare dogs go home, and guests enjoy subdued play time as we roll into the sunset hours.
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm Doors close promptly at 6:00 PM. Dinner prep begins. All visitors dine in the privacy of their own suite – just like room service!
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm Quiet time before bed. Generally, we just hang out with the dogs, watch a movie, do some brushing, and roll around in the play room. This is our “wind down” time from a busy, fun day. We keep it quiet and mellow as the sun goes down.
- 9:00pm – 9:30pm Everybody gets tucked in for the night with a bully stick, special treat, junkyard one, or cookie. Goodnight and get ready for another fun day tomorrow at Happy Hound Hotel!
The owner or a staff member is on the property all night long. Our house is directly in front of the hotel facility. So rest assured that your happy hounds are safe and secure all through the night.
Happy Hound Hotel’s daily cost encompasses everything. We DO NOT charge extra for playtime (the dogs play all day), for taking the dogs on special outings, for special diets, or administering medications.